Saturday, April 26, 2014

Week 35


Major events:  Easter
Size of baby:  Honeydew melon
Sleep:  Horrible terrible awful
Cravings:  None
Movement:  Getting quite uncomfortable.  Often, I feel like someone has placed a car jack inside of me.  I feel her forcing my diaphragm and rib cage upwards towards my right shoulder, and at the same time pressing downwards in my pelvis towards my left thigh.  Her little feet kick the crap out of my ribs and sometimes it just feels like they are grinding on the bones.  Her butt used to really poke out of my right side and there would be a big hard spot, but she must have rolled over a little bit because now it's her foot/feet that will poke out.  And they will poke out SO far... it's strange feeling them poke out now because they are SO hard.  You can definitely tell that it is a full on baby with actual bones in there now and not just a squishy little alien :)  There is this HUGE thing in there that moves and squirms all over the place.
Belly button in or out?  I guess you would call it "in"... it's very flat and strange looking.
Missing:    Being able to see my own crotch.  Not that I need to or used to all the time or anything... it's just weird not physically being able to.  Also, I really miss dancing around like crazy.  Imagine you just ate a huge meal at a mexican restaurant and then strapped on a 30 pound backback to your front side... dancing would feel terrible right?  Right.  I miss it!
Best part of this week:  I met with my doula this week at a park and she brought her super cute/hilarious 4 year old son with her.  When they pulled up he yelled at me across the park from their car: "I can see your big belly!"  So funny.  I feel like I haven't had enough hilarious little kid reactions to my growing belly yet! Guess I still have a few weeks :)  There was also a very special moment at Easter church service where the pastor had all of the new moms and pregnant women stand up and the congregation prayed over us and new life.  It was truly amazing.
Hardest part of this week:  This baby is definitely starting to take a physical toll on my body.  I am so exhausted, but not because I'm tired... just because my whole body is so achy and worn out.  Each day feels like I just ran a marathon.
Looking forward to:  Baby shower on Sunday!!!!
Emotions:  Feeling great this week!  Went on 2 great runs, 3 miles one day and 4 miles another.  I'm hoping to run a 5K in a week... if I feel good enough I might just stay on the course and run the 10K but I could be totally insane for thinking I could do that.  The day before my 35th week started, I felt like someone had flipped a switch.  I felt miserably uncomfortable, I was a total grouch, I didn't feel like being in a good mood (or putting forth any effort towards being happy whatsoever).  I was really worried that I had turned down a path that there was no turning back on.  LUCKILY that only lasted a few days and now I'm back to feeling like myself again.  Hopefully, if that happens again it will only be for a short period of time and not something that will take over my entire last month of pregnancy.

We would also like to OFFICIALLY announce our baby girls' name - Heidi Rose Kresta!  We had picked out her name on March 15th, which was my grandmother's 80th birthday.  However, we decided to wait until we got a little closer to my due date to announce on social media for a few reasons.  My grandmother's middle name is Rose, which was a middle name we had been discussing.  We thought that she could help us pick out the baby's name at her birthday brunch and she was so thrilled that Rose was one of our top choices!  So that's what we went with.  We hope that was a nice little birthday present to her :)  

Here are a few pictures taken this past Saturday when we went out to the country for Easter at Ryan's grandparents.  





No comments:

Post a Comment