Thursday, April 24, 2014

Week 34

No belly picture this week, but I had already bought the cantaloupe sooo....this will have to do

Major events:  Childbirth prep class, Ryan's birthday and the last time we will go 2 weeks between Dr. visits!
Size of baby:  Cantaloupe
Sleep: Terrible as always
Cravings:  Chocolate donuts!
Movement:  Yes. All. the. time!
Belly button in or out?  In...ish... 
Missing:  Bending and moving.  Can't wait to be flexible again!  Also...I am SO sick of sleeping on my side.  UGH.  I will never sleep on my side again after this.
Best part of this week:  Ordered the crib and bought some curtains for the nursery!  Finally I feel like we are at least starting to prepare for her arrival!
Hardest part of this week:  Childbirth prep class.  The class itself was great, however it was stressful to me to hear all of that information over such a short period of time.  To be honest, there really were only 1 or 2 specific things that was new information for us.  98% of what was discussed was actually stuff that we had already heard/knew/learned about/read somewhere.  But you spend 7-8+ months learning about pregnancy and childbirth, reading books and blogs and getting the daily blurbs from pregnancy apps on your phone... so all of this information is gathered over a long period of time.  Sitting in a room for 7 hours learning about epidurals, medical interventions, drugs, cesarean sections, emergencies... when you cram all that information into one sitting I found it extremely overwhelming - despite the fact that it wasn't something that I hadn't heard before.  I felt a lot more stress and anxiety about labor and delivery for a day or two, but I knew that after a little while I would go back to feeling my normal amount of stress about it.
Looking forward to:  Easter!
Emotions:  Some stress about not having anything set up or ready yet... but I know that we will be able to get going on that very soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment