Friday, April 18, 2014

Nursery Progress

I feel like we are getting a pretty late start on this whole setting up the nursery thing (at least comparatively).  Nonetheless, between now and January there has been SOME progress... and I know that it will be ready for her when she does arrive.  We have chosen to go with a light mint color for the walls, with light pink and lavender accents.  I don't really like having a big "theme" for the room (matching curtains, matching lampshade, matching bedding, matching everything), but obviously I wanted some sort of idea to tie everything in the room together.  I initially thought we would go with some owl items (Ryan went to Rice and owls are everywhere right now!)  However, I then thought - why just limit it to owls??  Let's include some other baby forest animals!  Well, thanks to Pinterest I realized this was not necessarily an original idea... although not too overdone either.  I was able to find a few inspirational pieces that guided the dream for this room, including a wooden fawn clock and a mobile made of cute little felt animals (which you will hopefully see later!)  SO needless to say we are going for a very subtle "baby woodland creatures" theme, (as long as it's not too cartoon-y though!) 

The room that we chose to use as the baby's room was previously used more as a storage room than anything else... so I thought I would document it's previous, uh...state.  Here are some before pictures...


Yes, there was a mattress in this room, so technically it could have functioned as a guest room, right??

Boxes from wedding gifts.... yes we have been married for over a year...


Paint samples!  I really wanted something light, pastel and between a green and a blue.  We also thought maybe we would go with a light lavender at some point... so that's up there too.

More colors... I HATE picking out paint colors!  From experience, I know that a color can look completely different once it covers an entire wall.  I really liked these two, but I knew the one on the right would look too blue once it was up, and the one of the left would look too green.

We ended up going with Behr's "light mint".  Here is my sweet sweet husband in action!

Before we painted the ceiling and trim white, this color looks super cucumber-y under the artificial light.

One month before our due date - the crib and mattress have arrived!!

Ryan and his helper setting up the crib.


The finished product :)

Now on to the decorating phase!  So much "work" to do ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment