Saturday, February 22, 2014

Week 26

When I look at pictures of myself I feel like I am looking at other peoples bodies.  It doesn't feel like it's this big!  (Despite the fact that moving around is getting more difficult.)

Major events:  Valentine's Day :)
Size of baby:  Length of a green onion (no veggie this week again.  Last time I promise!)
Sleep:  Bad!  This past week, I got to the point where I am unable to roll over in my sleep.  I have to wake up and make a conscious effort to switch sides.  It takes so much energy just to roll over! (One night, I went about 4 hours without rolling over and woke up with extreme leg, hip and IT band pain.)
Cravings:  Ice cream/milkshakes.  And alcohol.  It hasn't really been an issue up until now.  I blame the warmer weather... but there have been so many days where a cold beer or nice cool glass of pinot grigio sounds SO good.  
Movement:  So much!!  Some of her punches have started getting uncomfortable... mostly when she bangs up against my obliques... the skin and muscles there are so thin it takes my breath away!
Belly button in or out?  In!
Missing:  Beer and wine.  Sleep.  Being able to comfortably put shoes on.    
Best part of this week:  Spending an awesome Valentine's day weekend with my husband :) completing the painting in the nursery and worshiping at Ecclesia with Crowder!
Hardest part of this week:  Dealing with feelings of loneliness.  As amazing as it is and as absolutely grateful as I am to be able to stay at home a rest during this time, I am a very social person and some days I truly miss interacting with other humans (right now it's just the dog!)  However, I know that these feelings are only temporary, and I hope that once the baby is here we will be able to make new mommy friends in our area!
Looking forward to:  Deciding on a location for our Babymoon :)  Right now the top contenders are:  Santa Fe, Portland, New York City and Las Vegas (yes I realize Vegas sounds crazy, but staying at an off-strip resort/spa would be pretty damn relaxing! [and warm!])
Emotions:  Up and down - hormones going crazy.  Some days I feel really sad for no reason, some days I am really happy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment