Thursday, January 16, 2014

5 Month Hump

Tomorrow, I will be 22 weeks.  This past Monday, we had our "big" 5 month ultrasound.  (Good news - it's still a girl!)  The ultrasound tech took lots of measurements and everything looks normal.  (She said baby girl is "chunky"- a little heavier than average. Hmm.. maybe I should cut back on my chocolate intake...!) After meeting with the doctor, it turns out that that was the last ultrasound of the pregnancy.  "So the next time we see her will be in person?!"  Yep.  But this week something changed.  I suddenly felt READY for her to be here.  Here's what's weird though... nothing else has really changed.  We didn't go buy a bunch of baby stuff, or get the nursery ready or anything like that.  If she came today we would definitely NOT be ready.  Physically.  But emotionally... I am starting to really look forward to her arrival.  Not that I wasn't excited before or anything.  But it just feels... different.  I'm not scared about labor and delivery.  I'm not worried about the fact that I have no clue how to begin to take care of a baby.  But I'm ready.  Of course I hope she stays in there longer, but I can't wait to see her and hold her and snuggle her.

Here's what went down during the ultrasound!

My belly with goo on it!  So weird seeing my belly from this angle... it looks so much bigger!

A few seconds into the first video you can see her moving her hand up to her face.  The second video you can actually see her crunch up and then kick her legs straight out (she LOVES having her legs straight out in there!)  I just LOVE seeing her move all of her limbs around! (To see the videos better, it helps to actually zoom in on this whole page itself.  Hitting "full screen" will make them too blurry!)






No comments:

Post a Comment