Friday, March 7, 2014

Week 28 - Officially THIRD trimester!



Major events:  The first week of my third trimester!!  Minute maid classic (aka Rice baseball), a wedding shower and Ash Wednesday/the beginning of lent
Size of baby:  Eggplant!
Sleep:  Bad :(
Cravings:  Nothing specific lately... other than the obvious: chocolate and sweets!
Movement:  Yes!  So much...some days she is way more active than other days and I can now usually feel where she is in my belly now based on hard spots.  Her kicks and turns and movements are getting so strong!!
Belly button in or out?  In!
Missing:  Not feeling like a roly polie!  Also, despite how much I truly LOVE having a baby bump, I definitely continue to miss my small belly and being able to move around like I used to.
Best part of this week:  Starting to take some yoga classes!  (It is SOO great being around other pregnant ladies!)  I took myself out on Monday to a late breakfast/early lunch before the prenatal class.  It was so nice being out and about!
Hardest part of this week:  I have definitely started to notice this pregnancy taking a toll on my body.  So many aches and pains, running is getting much more difficult and general discomfort is drastically increasing.  But on Monday morning I woke up in tears because I was in quite a bit of pain.  I basically felt like I was having bad cramps, but I truly think I was just feeling my uterus growing and stretching, as well as my pelvis widening and opening up.  I just walked around the house crying for a while, took a hot shower and tried to relax.  (Luckily Ryan was going in to work an hour later than usual, so he was home to comfort me in the beginning.)  It gradually faded away, but at this point I feel like I am pretty much sore and/or uncomfortable at all times (if it isn't one thing it's another).  This has definitely been my biggest struggle this past week.
Looking forward to:  An action-packed weekend!  (Which will probably take me several days to recover from... just being out "late" on Saturday night took me 1-2 days to recover from the sheer exhaustion.)
Emotions:  Multiple meltdowns this week... sometimes over major things, sometimes over tiny things and sometimes just over feeling generally overwhelmed.  I do still love being pregnant despite sometimes feeling quite sad/upset about stuff.  I know that it's all part of it :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment