Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Weeks 23, 24, 25 and 26

Week 23

Major events: Got a Christmas tree, 2 Christmas parties, giant playdate with some mamas and their babies at our house, and our ACTUAL last ultrasound (they weren't able to get everything they needed at our 20 week ultrasound so we got to go back again for another look at 23 weeks!)
Size of baby: A large mango
Sleep: Waking up to pee so. many. times.
Cravings: None
Aversions: None
Movement: Yes! He is definitely becoming much more active (finally)!
Belly button in or out? In
Weight gain: 15 lbs.
Missing: Nothing really right now I suppose...
Best part of this week: Spending time with so many of my close mama friends, and getting to see our baby one last time! (Also, Ryan was supposed to be out of town all week, but ended up having to stay in town and work from home instead - so we got to be together even more than normal this week!)
Hardest part of this week: 
Looking forward to: A one-night getaway next week to San Antonio! I love the Riverwalk at Christmas!
Emotions: Happy for some cooler weather this week! Also, I just LOVE being pregnant during Advent


Week 24

Major events: San Antonio for a night away with my hubby! Christmas party with close friends and another Christmas party with church friends
Size of baby: An ear of corn
Sleep: The same. Nothing new or crazy.
Cravings: None
Aversions: None
Movement: Lots of movement... he is getting SO strong! Ryan has been able to feel some BIG kicks!
Belly button in or out? In, but getting strange looking...
Weight gain: 15 lbs.
Missing: Nothing?
Best part of this week: Having a semi-normal routine with more free time has been so nice...I even treated myself to a spontaneous pedicure one day while running errands (and Heidi was at MDO)! It has also been SO great getting to spend time with people I care so much about this week- our "Friends Christmas Party" and alone time with Ryan in San Antonio.
Hardest part of this week: Running got hard this week. When pregnant with Heidi, the downwards pressure resulted in feeling the urge to pee constantly during runs and some intense round ligament pain in my stomach. This time it's different. It's intense pain/cramping in front side of my lower abdomen. I would compare it to menstrual cramps but it's less achy feeling and much more painful. So painful that I can't really run at all - pregnant or not! More on this later...but I am definitely having a hard time with this right now! Hopefully it's not a permanent thing.
Looking forward to: Meeting with a birth photographer in 2 days!!
Emotions: LOVING that it's finally the Christmas season! If only we could get some weather to match that...although it's not looking promising... 



Major events: Met with a birth photographer! (She was already my favorite based on her style - but I enjoyed meeting with her and getting to know her! We will definitely be going with her... fingers crossed for a non-April-2nd baby... she has a wedding booked that day!!) Also went to a young adult Christmas get-together through a new church we have been checking out, took Heidi to look at Christmas lights and got to have lunch with 2 good high school friends, their wives and their babies! 
Size of baby: Rutabaga
Sleep: Same ole same ole.
Cravings: Nothing specific
Aversions: None
Movement:  Yes! I think he is finally getting closer to my belly button haha. He is definitely still VERY low and very much sideways in there though...Not sure when he's gonna run out of room and turn!
Belly button in or out? In
Weight gain: 15 lbs.
Missing: Beer and wine!! Since this weather has been SO disgustingly warm lately, a nice cold beer or glass of chilled white wine sounds sooo good. (I will confess that I have been allowing myself to split a beer with Ryan or have the tiniest splash of wine.)
Best part of this week: Attempted a 2 more runs this week - one of which was in the morning - and felt much better! Guess I will have to start getting off my butt and out of the house early now if I want to get it done! 
Hardest part of this week: Really struggling with the thought of not seeing my family at Christmas this year!
Looking forward to: Picking a name! I basically gave Ryan a short list of MY favorites and told him to add to it or veto but he has YET to get back to me (I am ready to start talking about and commit to names the instant I find out gender). I told him he has a deadline of January... hurry up dude! This baby isn't going to pop out and name itself!! (Ryan did tell me this week that he will tell me his thoughts on a name "sometime" between now and New Years...yay!)
Emotions: Sad this week. Feeling weird and like I just want to run away. Coming to terms with some of the painful feelings that this season seems to sometimes stir up. Also super annoyed that the weather is still so warm (80 and humid - ugh!) Have I mentioned that I don't really have any warm weather maternity clothes?! By the time May rolled around with Heidi, I was pretty much past the point of ANYTHING fitting me (even maternity stuff) and also past the point of caring. I pretty much just wore a loose skirt with a tank top every day... but it's been hard lately! I just want to wear cute tight-fitting sweaters with leggings and boots and scarves and not sweat my ASS off (I have always been a naturally hot and sweaty person as it is) but this weather is making that very difficult...



Major events: Christmas!
Size of baby: Length of a green onion
Sleep: Sleep this week has been totally hit or miss. I had 2 nights of 7+ hours STRAIGHT with NO waking up (it's a miracle!!!) followed by 2 nights of constant waking up. One night I even thought about writing down every single thing that was preventing me from sleeping at that exact moment - because there were SO many things! (Just a few of the many issues preventing me from sleeping/going back to sleep... crazy dreams, starving, have to pee, can only lay on left side comfortably - right side hurts and back and stomach is way too uncomfortable, baby is kicking a TON and is having lots of hiccup episodes keeping me awake, dogs are making a bunch of noise... the list goes on.) Heidi was very active and had lots of hiccups too, but I just don't remember her ever actually keeping me up at night like this. I have also officially reached the point where stomach sleeping (or even half-stomach sleeping) is no longer an option and rolling over and getting out of bed is becoming somewhat of a task, even though I know it gets worse...
Cravings: CHEESEBURGERS
Aversions: None
Movement: YES! He has been moving like crazy and this week was the week of the hiccups! At one point Ryan was able to not only feel each hiccup (strong jabs!) but SEE my belly twitching with each one. (He literally has hiccups as I am writing this post.)
Belly button in or out? In
Weight gain: 18 lbs.
Missing: Champagne and mimosas!!
Best part of this week: Heidi feeling the baby kick, also (kind of) picking a name... Although we haven't committed completely to spelling or a middle name yet so we will be keeping this a secret for a little while longer... but I am excited to share soon!!
Hardest part of this week: This week I have noticed that physical movements are become much more uncomfortable... and by that I mean movements that require some "squishing". Putting on my shoes is starting to feel gross as is anything that I have to bend over to get. I have also been struggling with the running situation a lot this week - it's been so hard! (But I finally had a GREAT 6 mile run!)
Looking forward to: Now that the holidays are almost over, I am excited to finally shift my focus on preparing (physically) for baby boy! 
Emotions: Lots of emotions this week... ups and downs...many of them pertaining to the holiday season.

No comments:

Post a Comment