Monday, December 7, 2015

Advent Pregnancy Thoughts



How incredible is it that God has allowed us to play a tiny role in creation? The ability that He has given to women to grow, carry and birth another human life into this world astounds me and I do feel so privileged (dare I say "blessed"?) that he has assigned this role to me. I love every moment when my babies are still inside of me - going everywhere I go, doing everything I do. Feeling another life constantly moving inside of you is beyond words. It's so comforting and truly a physical reminder of God's presence within yourself. What an amazing thing it is to be pregnant?! I could do this forever (although I won't...maybe.)

Being pregnant during Advent always allows me to go deeper. What was it like for Mary when Jesus started getting stronger and stronger in her womb - when she started to see his kicks and jabs from the outside? Did she ever call Joseph over to place his hand on her belly to feel Him flipping around inside of her? It's something my mind can hardly even wrap itself around - conceived to the purity of a virgin by the Holy Spirit and carried in the womb for 9 months. Born inside a stable. The anticipation must have been unbearable. What will he look like? Will he cry? What will be his first word? Where will he take his first steps? What will he have to do to bear the weight of the worlds sins and save us all from eternal death? We SO anticipate the celebration of Christ's arrival into this world, from womb to hay and loving arms each year. Because without this story there would be no hope for us. No promise of eternal life. This story is everything. I pray that you have time to slow down this year (and every year) to reflect on what this season is about and lose focus on the World's definition of it.

To those other mamas who are anxiously awaiting the arrival of their new tiny lives - I think of you often! And to all of my friends who are struggling with infertility I am praying for YOU. Know that you are not alone. Even though many of you suffer silently and no one is even aware of the pain in your heart... You are not alone. God IS with you. Even when it feels like He's not.

No comments:

Post a Comment