Monday, March 23, 2015

Month 10 - Heidi

Month 10: Baby!
Age: 10 months
Weight: 20ish lbs.
Major calendar events: First Rice baseball game
Milestones: learned no (and gets upset when she hears it!); started "testing" us...after she knows she can't do something she will look at us and try to keep doing that thing; can repeat "mama", "dada" and "baba" (bye bye), trying to pull herself up (but not successful yet), 
Sleep: Sleeping good at night; She has started to take naps in our bed during the day, which is nice because I can fall asleep with her (or stay in bed with her until she falls asleep) and then sneak out and get something done!  (A few pillows around her as a barricade is enough to keep her from rolling off of the bed at this point.)  As much as I have loved our nap times together, I feel so FREE now that she can nap a little by herself.  Next step: crib!
Likes: "brushing" her hair, making noises with her mouth/lips like a car "broom broom broom", playing peekaboo (she now likes to cover her own face with a burp cloth and yank it away), 
Dislikes:   Being told "no"!
Best moment:  Every time she gives me hugs and kisses!
Worst moment:  Heidi had a little bit of a runny nose and was feeling somewhat under the weather.  Ryan went to go pick her up and she projectile vomited everywhere!!  That was the only time she threw up, so we aren't sure if it was just the wrong time to pick her up or what!  But it was very sad, very gross and very heartbreaking!  
Eating: It's not all about the boobs anymore :(.  Although, we are still nursing 4 times per day, Heidi has now started eating solid food snacks and is much less interested in breastfeeding.  She hasn't refused to nurse or anything like that she is just seems to be less...excited about it I guess.  Even though I am excited to start weaning her in a few months, it DOES make me sad!  Her favorite things to eat are sweet potatoes, cuties and cheerios!
Things I want to remember: Rocking her to sleep and just thinking about how I wish she could stay little forever! I think ahead to the future, her first day of school, growing up, crazy teenage years, going to college, getting married, etc. and I just hold my baby that much tighter while I still can!  I know she won't be my tiny baby forever (even though she will always be my first baby).
Post bath smiles!

Playtime with mommy.

Sometimes it gets cold enough in Houston to bundle up for runs :).

Heidi's first Rice baseball game!

We occupy ourselves by taking 5 billion selfies.


Rice wins!

Passed out after a public bathroom breastfeeding sesh!  It was nice and cozy in
there and I didn't mind it to be honest...

When days are busy, naps in the boba wrap are pretty much a guarantee.

The cutest little puppy you ever did see.

Naps together in bed.

Ladies lunching!

We love Rudy's BBQ!  Heidi's first official participatory experience.  Ryan and I had Rudy's BBQ at our wedding so Rudy's holds a special place in our hearts - so excited to share it with our girl!

Such a cute sleeper. 

Babushka Heidi. 

Zonked.

Happy 10 months crazy girl!


No comments:

Post a Comment