Tuesday, May 12, 2015

gDiaper Series Part 4 - Registry Checklist

The first gDiaper we received - a gift from my moms best friend.

Continued from gDiaper Series Part 3 - Ways to Save Money on gDiapers (Yes You Can Afford It!) and More!

So, you've decided to cloth diaper using gDiapers.  Yay!  Now you're probably thinking "What the crap do I need to buy in order to do this thang?!"  Good news!  I have created a list (with links!) of exactly what you will need to cloth diaper using gDiapers until your child is 36 lbs!! (This is based on if you decide to use cotton prefold diapers as inserts.)

Here we go!!

gDiaper Registry Checklist

1.  8-10 of each size gPants -  small, medium and large 
(Notes: Each gDiaper comes with one gPant and one pouch.  These can be found on gDiapers.com, Amazon.com and Babies R Us and Target also carry *some* as well.  I personally recommend purchasing through Amazon or gDiapers.com! Also, we never used the newborn size, small fit Heidi fine and she was 7 lbs. 12 oz. at birth.)
2.  12 extra pouches - 1 additional pouch for each gDiaper
(Notes: You will only need to purchase extra pouches for the small sized gDiapers IF you buy medium and large sized gPants at the same time.  Medium and large gPants use the same sized pouches so you can just take all the pouches out of the larges and to use when baby is in medium gPants and then continue to use all pouches when you upgrade to the large size gPants.)
3.  24+ cloth inserts
4.  Diaper pail
5.  2-3 Diaper pail wet bag liners
6.  60+ cloth wipes 
(Notes: I chose this shop because the size wipes fit perfectly when laid flat in the warmer we had selected.  Some people fold their wipes accordion style so that it pulls the next wipe up through the slot.  After trying this once, I decided against it because when the wipes were folded, not many would fit into the warmer at one time.  We just lay our wipes flat and open the top up instead of pulling the wipes up through the little slot.)
7.  Wipe warmer (optional)
8.  Travel wet bag 
9.  Diaper rash cream
(Notes: When using cloth diapers it is very important that you not use cream that contains certain chemicals.  This brand is very popular with cloth diaper mamas and is zinc and lanolin free, and also doesn't contain any petroleum products. Plus, it smells so good!)
10.  Detergent
(Notes: This is what we use.  Check out this link for other info/options, expecially if you plan on using microfiber/hemp inserts and NOT cotton prefolds!)
11.  Disposable items for emergencies/travel
(Notes: We have successfully gone on 2-3 overnight trips and a long weekend trip to California and cloth diapered the while time while traveling!!  Yay!!  However, I never take cloth wipes out of the house - they just take up too much space and I would only be able to take a few with me at a time.  We do have disposable wipes in our diaper bag which stay in there 100% of the time.)

Well, there you have it!!  That is literally every single thing that I know personally about gDiapers.  I spent a long time collecting my thoughts for these posts (which trust me, my thoughts are scattered about like you wouldn't believe).  I SO truly hope that this helps others to learn more about cloth diapering and gDiapers and also shows people that cloth diapering isn't so scary after all.  :)  Because if I can do it (and my husband can do it - and LIKE it) then you can!  Thanks for sticking with me!!  


The tiniest cutest cloth diaper hardly bigger than an iPhone (size small)!

No comments:

Post a Comment