Thursday, December 5, 2013

1st Trimester Milestones - Part 2


Major events: Jeff and Hayley's wedding
Size of baby: Grape
Sleep: I have been trying to get in the habit of sleeping on my side, even though I won't have to for several more weeks.  (Who knew that pregnant ladies can't sleep flat on their backs?!) Even though I do spend a lot of time on my side when I am asleep, now that I HAVE to, I wake up constantly
Cravings: Chocolate chip cookies
Aversions: Red meat still sounds gross 
Movement: None
Belly button in or out? In
Missing:  Alcohol.  It really hasn't been anything I missed until this weekend.  Once I am in multiple (open bar) social situations, it is SO hard!  I just wanted a nice glass of champagne or a refreshing gin an tonic.
Best part of this week: 
Hardest part of this week: Not drinking.
Looking forward to: Nothing specific
Emotions: Generally Happy

10 Weeks
(No picture this week - sorry!)

This was an extremely uneventful week, so I will keep this one short :)

Major events:  Halloween; ran 8 miles and felt great!
Size of baby: Kumquat


11 weeks
(No picture again - oops!)

Major events: Drove to Baylor just for the evening to see Baylor play dominate OU
Size of baby: Date
Sleep: Bad
Cravings: Not sure if this is pregnancy related but... pizza.  Pizza ALWAYS sounds good.
Aversions:  Still red meat.  Steak sounds gross.
Movement: None
Belly button in or out? In
Missing:  Nothing major this week...
Best part of this week: Hanging out with family on Sunday (My mom brought me some great pregnancy books AND a cupcake!) 
Hardest part of this week: Daylight savings time :(  I hate when it gets dark so early!
Emotions: Excitement!  And feeling impatient. I can't wait until this secret is finally out in the open!




Major events:  Nothing really this week
Size of baby: Lime
Sleep:  Bad.  Everything wakes me up, I'm always getting up to pee and I never EVER sleep through the night
Cravings: Always pizza.  and salt!!
Aversions:  Yes, STILL red meat... I should just take this off and you can assume I still don't want steak :)
Movement: Nope
Belly button in or out? In
Missing:  My Nike shorts not digging in to my stomach
Best part of this week: The first person (my hair dresser!) touched my belly!!  (Side note - I LOVE it when people touch my stomach [yes even strangers - as long as it isn't some creep])  I was so excited that I considered calling Ryan at work to tell him. 
Hardest part of this week: Ryan going out of town for work (okay, okay it really was only for 1 night but STILL); Also having to miss family dinner with our friends
Looking forward to: The time when this won't be a secret anymore
Emotions: Feeling good

13 weeks
(No picture - I know I suck)

Major events: Ran a half marathon (!!); 2 great Dr. appts. 
Size of baby: Medium Shrimp
Sleep: Bad
Cravings: Pepperoni pizza!  
Movement: Not quite sure yet... maybe but it's so hard to tell!
Belly button in or out? In, but it's starting to open up.  (Normally it looks like a vertical slit, but now the opening is more round and you can see inside! WEIRD!)
Missing:  Nothing really
Best part of this week: Seeing baby again and hearing the heartbeat for the first time; AND finding out we can schedule an "early gender ultrasound" as early as 15 weeks!!  We are crossing our fingers that we will find out on December 2nd :)
Hardest part of this week: Nothing specific
Looking forward to: Telling EVERYONE at my birthday party next weekend
Emotions: SO excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment