Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Week 27



Major events: Officially picked baby's name! (We will be sharing this at some point in the near future.) Assisted with the coordination of a NYE wedding and Ryan (somewhat unexpectedly) got a new-to-us truck!
Size of baby: Head of cauliflower
Sleep: Not great. Waking up minimum of 2 times to pee... one night it took over an hour and a half to fall back asleep...and now I feel like my belly is getting big enough where it needs to be more supported during all of this side-sleeping - sometimes the weight of it is painful. But honestly, I don't think I really have THAT much to complain about...From what I remember, I was much more uncomfortable sleeping by this point during my pregnancy with Heidi.
Cravings:  None
Aversions: None
Movement: Yes! It started getting weird this week...New Year's Eve he started getting MUCH more active and body parts poking out here and there. He also started hard kicks waaayy out on my right side - kicking my obliques! I remember Heidi doing this and it often takes my breath away. It feels so yuck! I love feeling him move though, even if does feel really uncomfortable or gross sometimes :). He is still ALL over the place in there - which drives me nuts not being able to tell what position he is in or what's what poking out! We still have a while for him to have his freedom in there though...
Belly button in or out? In
Weight gain: 20 lbs.
Missing: Starting to miss laying on my stomach and also bending in the middle... putting on shoes is getting a little more difficult now!
Best part of this week: Getting to spend so much time together as a family!
Hardest part of this week: Nothing really...I suppose physically things are getting a little more difficult but nothing super crazy (yet!) I also have had a cough this past week, and I am getting reeaallly sick of peeing myself every time I cough or sneeze. This is something that improved over time after I gave birth to Heidi, but now with the added pressure - it's back. So that's been annoying as heck. At least I still have a few months of running without peeing myself left...maybe...
Looking forward to: Sharing about our baby's name and how and why we picked it!
Emotions: I have felt much more emotional this week. I feel like crying often, although usually it's over thinking about something that actually is emotional or a semi-big deal (haven't been crying over any random commercials or ordinary events or anything like that).  I also have been feeling VERY clingy and attached to Heidi lately. I'm not sure if it's just the back-to-school-blues (after 2 weeks of no MDO I was so sad to think about her going back to MDO for 5 hours twice a week - haha yes I know that is ridiculous) or if I am just uneasy knowing that she won't always be my one and only.  Or maybe it's just that she's getting older and more independant. I'm not totally sure... but I do know that I miss her SO much when she isn't with me - even when she is just sleeping! And although it always is nice to have those little breaks to get stuff done while she naps (or nap myself!) or have some quality time with Ryan in the evenings after she goes to bed... I often find myself going through pictures and videos of her because I miss her so much - and she's right upstairs!! I have no doubt that my heart will grow to love another baby. That's not something that I fear. But I know that these long days spent just the two of us being together will be coming to an end very soon and I will for sure look back on these days and miss them so so much - just like I know I will miss the time that I get to spend with my next while he is growing inside of me!

No comments:

Post a Comment