Friday, June 10, 2016

Birth Photos - Wells Allan

I am SO thrilled to finally be able to share some of my favorite photos from Wells' birth!! It's always so hard to pick my favorites because they are ALL so special! Our birth photographer is simply AMAZING and I cannot put into words just how grateful we are that she was there to capture these special moments for us to relive over and over again. Thank you Sarah McKenzie Photography!!! You are incredible!!! (P.S. She's also an awesome wedding photographer!!) 

When it comes to sharing and WHY I share such personal moments with the world...I recently came across a birth video on instagram and the mama's caption spoke so deeply to me. She said it better than I ever could, so I will just share what she said here:

"Giving birth is such a special and personal moment and I know that unlike my obsession with watching birth videos, they are not everyone's cup of tea. But the more I thought about it, the more I realised that I had to share it if I wanted to continue my mission to spread the positive birth message to the world.
Unfortunately these days, women are inundated with negative stories of other women's birth experiences. Everyone from their mothers, family, friends and even strangers, are quick to tell them the horrors of giving birth. They have been conditioned to believe that birth is associated with excruciating pain and because of this, women today hold an unprecedented fear of giving birth. This unfortunately then leads to exactly the thing they fear the most - a long, painful and disappointing birth.
Birth should not be feared. When a healthy woman, carrying a healthy baby, trusts birth, is free of fear and is appropriately relaxed - her body will function normally, gently and calmly - just like nature intended.
To me, birth is addictive. I have had three amazing experiences and I could honestly do it over and over again. I am sharing Mabel's birth video here today because I want to spread the news that birth can be beautiful, it can be empowering and it can be the best thing you have ever done in your life. It certainly was for me." -@amyoloves and @earthboundbabies

Thank you for taking time to share a little piece of this incredible journey with us. 







This shot sums up my entire labor in one photo - smiling through contractions, leaning on the Lord and excited to push this baby boy out and see his beautiful face!







What we call "the money shot". Do you see it? If you don't, look closer... it took me a few minutes to figure out just what exactly I was looking at!









This was all the monitoring that we had time for. He was in a rush to get out of there! (P.S. after Heidi's birth we had an entire drawer FULL of pages and pages...!) 





First latch.
(Wells had a lot of bruising on his face which is why he looks so purple here!)
The exact moment that I fell in love with breastfeeding.






P.S. The Lord blessed us with such an amazing, pain free, drug free, birth experience. If you haven't had a chance to check out Wells' full birth story yet click here! Our God is so incredible and all credit goes to Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment