Sunday, March 13, 2016

Pre-baby Meal Prep - Part 2

If you haven't seen part 1 of this post yet... check it out here: Pre-baby Meal Prep - Part 1!!

Many of you have asked for my specific plans, recipes, spreadsheet, etc. I am SO excited to pass this info along to others! Please note: I am not a professional! I realize that there are a lot of imperfections and inconsistencies on the spreadsheet (and yes, as a type A, OCD person this drives me NUTS) but at 9 months pregnant AND hanging out with my almost-2-year-old (what!?) I simply do not have 17 hours to spend perfecting the way I want this to look, so it looks a little janky. Sorry friends ;).

Hopefully, you can use this more as a guideline rather than an exact plan and alter it to fit your own needs/likes/desires! Feel free to comment with any questions.

Meal Prep Spreadsheet 

If you are looking for recipes for the dishes I prepared all in one place here is a link to a Pinterest board where most of the recipes I used are located!! Meal Prep Recipe Pinterest Board (I apologize for some missing images on my own recipe pins!)


This past week, I also prepared a bunch of breakfast items as well!


Breakfast sandwiches! Egg, ham and cheese.


Wrapped up and ready to go!
Chai muffins - YUM!
French toast sticks.
Coconut banana bread.
This was probably my favorite of all - lemon raspberry muffins. They are SO good!!
Chocolate banana oatmeal bread (I may or may not have also added chocolate chips to the batter...)
A few items in this picture not mentioned above...middle rack is regular banana bread and orange chocolate chip muffins; right rack is oatmeal cups! 

The sandwiches and chai muffins I did one day, french toast sticks another and the 6 remaining items were all done another day (probably took me about 5ish hours??) To be honest, it was REALLY easy doing all of the baking at one time. I just had a bowl for dry ingredients that I reused (without washing) for each recipe, a measuring cup for breaking eggs in (and measuring oil). I really didn't have to break to do a bunch of dishes between each recipe or anything, it really was a matter of waiting for whatever was in the oven to finish! I would definitely recommend doing as many of the baked things at one time as you can. Luckily, I was able to do most of this while Heidi was at MDO, however I do owe her a playground day for being so patient with me while I spend so much time in the kitchen (she may or may not have watched her favorite,"Elf", about 25 times in the last 3 weeks....oops!)

To freeze, I quartered the breads (so we could change it up more frequently - instead of eating banana bread for 6 days straight!) wrapped them in plastic wrap and then wrapped them in foil and labeled them. For the muffins, I just dumped those guys into a ziploc bag.

Thanks for hanging in there with me! I hope you find this useful and it helps you prepare some tasty somewhat-healthy meals for the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment