Sunday, July 6, 2014

Birth Photos - Heidi Rose

When I first found out I was pregnant, I knew that birth photography was something that I was interested in.  I had seen some photo collages on Pinterest that were very tastefully done and really liked the idea.  Of course, a lot of people thought I was crazy for wanting to do this ("Why would you want pictures of THAT?!"  I think people automatically believe "birth photos" mean "The Miracle of Life 8th Grade Health Class Shots of Down There".)  Obviously, it's not anything glamorous, but I wanted to be able to remember as much as I could about what I knew would be an intense and crazy experience.  I am so incredibly grateful that my wonderful and talented sister (who happens to be a professional wedding photographer!) was there to step up to the plate.  I'm sure that shooting labor and delivery is NOT an easy task - especially if it's your first time!  I am so proud of her for not only capturing some AMAZING pictures, but for being so strong and staying by my side throughout the entire thing.  (It takes a LOT of strength and patience to be in the same room with someone in that state for that long.  There is so. much. screaming.  and obviously it's pretty icky.  I am sure it was SUPER tough at times!)  So thank you to my amazing sister who is so talented and patient.  I am so proud of you and so impressed by your strength!  These pictures are so special to me and I am SO excited to share them.  I tried to limit myself to 25 or so, because 200 might seem a little excessive, but I could only narrow it down to 35. :)  Hope you enjoy sharing these precious moments with me!  






My doula applying counter pressure and showing Ryan how to do so.
Rose water and essential oils





























I am SO beyond glad that I decided to document this time and I wouldn't trade these pictures for anything.  Welcome to the world little Heidi!

(Shout out to my sister and her photography business Something Gold Photography!!  She probably isn't looking to shoot any more births for a while [hehe] but she's an incredible wedding photographer.  You should check her out!!!)


No comments:

Post a Comment