Monday, February 2, 2015

Recipe - Easy Feta Chicken Bake

Happy February!  This week's recipe is a go-to for our family.  It's actually a recipe my mom used a lot when I was growing up and passed down to me when I was in college.  It's super easy, and doesn't require very much prep at all.  Enjoy!

Easy Feta Chicken Bake

Minutes to prepare: 10 minutes
Minutes to cook: 45- 50 minutes
Servings: 4 servings

2 T. olive oil
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
2 T. lemon juice, divided
salt and pepper
1 pkg. (4 oz.) Athenos crumbled feta cheese with basil & tomato
1 red pepper, chopped or sliced
Kalamata olives (you can slice these if you prefer)
1⁄4 chopped parsley (If you have it - I usually leave this one out.  You can also top the chicken with fresh chopped basil prior to baking, but again I only do this if I already have some on hand.)

Drizzle 1 T. olive oil in a baking dish. Add chicken, 1 T. lemon juice, salt and pepper.  Sprinkle with red pepper slices, olives and some feta. Drizzle remaining 1 T. olive oil and 1 T. lemon juice. Bake 45 - 50 minutes at 375 (or however you normally bake chicken) until chicken is done and feta is lightly browned. Sprinkle with parsley and serve with a salad and rice, pasta or cous cous (we are cous cous junkies so that's what we always go with - Near East roasted garlic and olive oil cous cous).  Spoon leftover juices in pan over chicken and rice/cous cous.


My mom (who is practically a professional chef!) in the kitchen, glass of wine
in hand - the BEST way to cook!!  (Sorry mom hehe!)

No comments:

Post a Comment