Monday, February 23, 2015

Recipe - Easy Chicken Divan

This is a casserole recipe from (you guessed it) my mom! I don't recall actually having this when I was younger but recently came across this recipe she had sent to me years ago. We love it!

Easy Chicken Divan

Minutes to prepare: 20 minutes

Minutes to cook: 30 minutes
Number of servings: 4-6 servings

2 10 oz. packages frozen broccoli stalks (or chop a head of broccoli and lightly steam it)

4 cooked chicken breast halves, sliced
1 c. mayo (I prefer greek yogurt instead)
2 cans cream of chicken soup, undiluted
1 t. lemon juice
½ t. curry
½ c. grated cheddar cheese
½ c. bread crumbs
1 T. butter, melted

Trim fat off of chicken and slice breasts in half. Heat oil in a pan on the stove and cook chicken through. (If you are using raw, fresh broccoli cook/steam that and drain well. P.S. I have never used fresh broccoli! I always buy bags of frozen organic broccoli and it's great!)

Arrange broccoli in a greased oblong baking dish. Place chicken slices over. Combine mayo/greek yogurt, soup, juice and curry and pour over chicken. Sprinkle with cheese. Combine crumbs and butter and sprinkle over all. Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes or until hot through. Good with a green salad and rolls.

No comments:

Post a Comment