Friday, January 23, 2015

Advent Art



Last week, we finally hung the Christmas gift that I received from my husband.

At our church Ecclesia, we used to have a person (usually a guy named Scott Erickson - look him up!) live painting throughout each service.  This is a print of a live painting that he did during an advent service at Ecclesia back in December of 2011.  It is titled "Annunciation" and depicts the moment when the angel Gabriel appeared to Mary to announce that she would become pregnant.  If you read my Advent post this past December, then you know how even MORE meaningful it was to me to receive this gift this year.

(If you would like to read a little more about this piece from the artist click here and if you would like to listen to the sermon from the service during which this was painted you can click here!)

This was SUCH a special gift to receive and now I get to look at it every day.  Thank you to my wonderful husband for being so thoughtful - this means so much to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment