Sunday, March 7, 2021

First Half Marathon with Baby #5!

13.1 miles. 
2:11:25 (including a bathroom stop in the woods😆). 
18 weeks pregnant. 
WE DID IT!! This past weekend, baby and I ran our first half marathon together! Here are just a few pictures from race day!


Ready to race! Hubby got me a hotel within walking distance to the start line and that made race day SO much more enjoyable!! (Also, I made the switch to bike shorts for running this pregnancy and already loving it! So much better than trying to run in running shorts!)


Waiting to start! Corrals were SO spread out to keep everyone safely distanced... my corral was so far from the start line that we were all the way up on the 3rd floor of a parking garage! 


See you in 13.1! A little bit different looking start line this time around...this race is always so well put together but I was very impressed with how well organized and coordinated everything was this year in spite of the circumstances!


Finished!! The weather could not have been more PERFECT for running and this course is just so great!! Finally running an in person race felt absolutely incredible and I am so thankful that baby and I had a such smooth and easy run! 


Even though I am vaccinated and protected against COVID I still greatly appreciated the fact that masks were required for all and that I didn't have to share air with someone that I didn't know where they had been hah! So SO grateful for everything that needed to happen in order for this LIVE RACE to take place!! (I really would have done pretty much ANYTHING to run an in person race so a mask and keeping my distance from others seemed like a pretty simple request haha!) It was seriously so exciting - finally


I felt super emotional after finishing so I let myself just BATHE in those post race (/pregnancy!) hormones and runners high! I stood at the finish line for a while and watched all of the FULL marathoners working hard to cross the finish line before the 3 hour mark (what?!?!?!) It was so incredible to see them break 3 hours and I just soaked up ALL the feelings and let myself cry as I watched them! I felt proud of them and proud of myself!!


Love this race! Looking forward to the next one :).


No comments:

Post a Comment