Wednesday, January 2, 2019

On Getting "Cut Out"


Jesus calls us to be in relationship with lots of different kinds of people. We ARE without a doubt called to be in this world (but not OF this world). 

Do not feel brought down by someone who cuts you out of their life (real life and/or social media life) because you don’t fit THEIR idea of a perfect mold or because you do something for yourself that doesn’t have a place in their life. That’s not how Jesus (or Christianity) works. 

Can you imagine if Jesus pushed someone away because they didn’t fit a particular mold or meet certain criteria? Or maybe because they did something that he didn’t see fit for his own life?

“You do you” can only get you so far as a Christian in this world, because frankly “you do you” isn’t really a Christian mindset at all, but quite the opposite. 

I realize what I’m saying might be very elementary, (and I can’t say that I’m all that good at this 100% of the time) but I get so sick of hearing “you do you” when it comes to how we connect and relate to other humans. Relationships take work, sacrifice, and sometimes can even be a little uncomfortable. You might not always agree. But one way to end up very alone and with no true friends is to only allow a certain group or type of person into your life and heart. That’s called ignorant (and very “un-Jesus” if you ask me). 

I am grateful to have many deep and meaningful relationships with a lot of people who I love and love to support and who also love and support me. I may not agree 100% with some of their choices or lifestyle choices (and they probably feel the same about mine), but I LOVE them. And I love my people who love me in spite of our differences and imperfections. Thank you to my people. I am grateful for you 💗. 

No comments:

Post a Comment