Thursday, December 21, 2017

Birth Photos - Cameron Heather

I am so excited to finally share some of the photos from Cami's birth! (Thank you to our birth photographer Sarah McKenzie Photography!!) 

When it comes to sharing and WHY I am open to publicizing such personal moments with the world...A few years ago, I came across a birth video on instagram. I have shared these words previously, but wanted to include them again here as well because the mama's caption spoke so deeply to me. She said it better than I ever could:

"Giving birth is such a special and personal moment and I know that unlike my obsession with watching birth videos, they are not everyone's cup of tea. But the more I thought about it, the more I realised that I had to share it if I wanted to continue my mission to spread the positive birth message to the world.
Unfortunately these days, women are inundated with negative stories of other women's birth experiences. Everyone from their mothers, family, friends and even strangers, are quick to tell them the horrors of giving birth. They have been conditioned to believe that birth is associated with excruciating pain and because of this, women today hold an unprecedented fear of giving birth. This unfortunately then leads to exactly the thing they fear the most - a long, painful and disappointing birth.
Birth should not be feared. When a healthy woman, carrying a healthy baby, trusts birth, is free of fear and is appropriately relaxed - her body will function normally, gently and calmly - just like nature intended.
To me, birth is addictive. I have had three amazing experiences and I could honestly do it over and over again. I am sharing Mabel's birth video here today because I want to spread the news that birth can be beautiful, it can be empowering and it can be the best thing you have ever done in your life. It certainly was for me." -@amyoloves and @earthboundbabies

(If you haven't had a chance to check out Cami's full birth story click here!)

Thank you for taking time to share a little piece of this incredible journey with us. 





Praying.



















Ryan clamping, Dr. holding and me cutting!


Much love and respect for this amazing organ that my body grew! Love that I can honor and thank my 
placenta at the very least with a photo this time. I know most people 
probably think this is gross but I think it is so beautiful. What a total miracle!

Bloody vernix-y hands - my favorite!!!





First latch.

Ryan's first time holding her.


We are a family of FIVE!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh the second to last one of y’all kissijg with your gorgeous freshly postpartum belly has me allllll teary eyed. So Beautiful. ❤️❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete