Saturday, May 28, 2016

Heidi's 2nd Birthday Party

For Heidi's 2nd birthday, I tried to think of the things Heidi loves the most. Her top three favorite things in life are probably the movie "Elf", french fries and donuts. Since her birthday is in May, and a french fry themed party might be a little difficult to pull off...a donut party it was! It was the perfect theme and super easy to come up with decorations and food (and I didn't have to spend 40 hours the week before baking and cooking wohoo!) Here are a few of the details from the day!

The invitations.

Front porch - donut balloon and donut door dec!



Favor table - "donut" cookies! (Also a box for donations!
In lieu of gifts we ask our guests to bring items to donate to a local Houston charity.)

Paper donuts on the mantle! (Thanks for my sister in law for cutting these out on her Cricut machine!!)

The mantle.

The spread (and the cake)!

Best/easiest party food ever!

The mimosa/beverage station!

Dangling donuts!

(Yes, we serve champagne at a 10am bday little kid bday party. DUH! #alwayshavealwayswill)

Heidi and her "donut" cake! (Pre-finger burn. I TOTALLY forgot to explain to Heidi that candles are hot and will give you owies so of course before I had a chance to help her blow them out she reached out and grabbed one! Don't worry she was fine a few minutes later. Hey you gotta learn somehow, right?!)

Donut shirt and donut skirt (shirt courtesy of Target and my SIL with her Cricut,
skirt courtesy of RBC2Creations on Etsy).

Bag FULL of bottles, sippy cups and baby lotion to donate to Star of Hope Mission!
Thank you to all who donated!


Happy birthday to the one who made me a mama!!

2 comments:

  1. On Saturday she told me "I cried at my donut party. Candles hot". At least she learned!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, Heidi's 2nd Birthday Party looks fantabulous. I am just so overwhelmed with these amazing party arrangements. For our son’s 4th birthday bash we would also throw a grand spring themed party and have just booked suitable party Venues in San Francisco.

    ReplyDelete