Friday, March 14, 2014

Week 29



Major events:  Bayou City Classsic 10K; daylight savings time (woo woo!); caught a super bad cold;
Size of baby:  Butternut squash
Sleep:  Usually bad, but it varies from night to night.  I have been trying to stop drinking liquids early in the evening to help with bathroom trips throughout the night... seems to be helping.
Cravings:  Sugar, chocolate, sweets.  Always.
Movement:  Tons of movement every day.  Plenty of rib kicks, bladder stomps and somersaults.
Belly button in or out?  In!
Missing:  Those AWESOME 1st and 2nd trimester hormones that cause your sex drive to skyrocket.  You basically turn into a dude and want action all. the. time.  It's amazing.  Not so much in the third trimester... Sorry Ryan :(
Best part of this week:  Running a 10K and feeling GREAT afterwards!!  I was so happy to be able to say I did it, I cried my eyes out in Ryan's arms immediately after I crossed the finish line.  (I had my first "bad" run last week, just 3 days before the race.  I was worried that I wasn't going to be able to run the 10K.  Looking back, I think I just did too much that one day [yoga AND a 4 mile run] But I ran great, finished and felt so good!)  It was one of my best runs in a while and I am so grateful.  
Hardest part of this week:  Getting sick!  I was hoping to go this whole pregnancy without catching anything...but Tuesday afternoon it hit me. I haven't even felt pregnant at all these last few days because all of the symptoms from this cold have taken over my body.   I am SO lucky that Ryan was working from home on Wednesday because we had a doctor appointment.  I don't know what I would have done if I had to face that day alone.  Also, OH. MY. GOSH. Holy heartburn.  I have never had heartburn like this before and it. is. horrible.  I woke up at 3:30 a.m. (the morning of the 10K of course) in so much pain.  I woke Ryan up around 4:00 a.m. because I just couldn't bear it.  I was never able to go back to sleep.  Hot tea seemed to help a little.  Luckily, it's been a few days since I have experienced this... (I even had pizza for dinner one night and had no issues.  Yay!)
Looking forward to:  Babymoon less than 2 weeks away!  And also picking a name.  There are still a couple of top contenders that we are debating between, but I think we are getting close!
Emotions:  Excited for baby!  Made a packing list for the hospital and a list of postpartum necessities to buy, which just intensifies the anticipation.

Some pictures from this past week...

Pre-race shot.  My shirt says "Yes, my doctor says it's OK to run".

Post race with my mom and Eric.

Me and my mom feeling good.  (MAN I wish I could have a post-race beer!!)

My best friend and biggest fan. :)

Sick = kleenex, liquids, ice cream, chocolate and HGTV.  Blegh.

No comments:

Post a Comment